Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Letter to Grandma & Grandpa B

Things have been going great over here. I even have had 3 more baptisms added to my list and it was a great experience. I even got to confirm one of them. I hope they get some elk as well. It figures that crazy people are still about and yes I have encountered some of those free thinkers over here. Some of them are so funny.

I am in the gisborne zone actually and it has been rather cold over here lately. I wish it would warm up a bit, but not too much. I serve in the Kaiti and Mangapapa areas of Gisborne, but those are just areas inside the actual city of Gisborne. I had the chance to go to Wairoa this week and it was pretty fun down there as well. Whakatane is about 3 or 4 hours from here in Gisborne according to the elders I am with. Gisborne is an eight hour drive from Auckland so I am way out here. I am in the place that sees the sun first in the world. Gisborne is about 20,000 people so not super big. The actually city part is not in our area so we are more in the suburbs type areas. It is pretty out here although more dry than I thought possible at sea level.

I am loving it out here although I miss you all.

Love you and grandma tons.
Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment