Monday, October 25, 2010

Email to Mom

Kia Ora Mother,

It sounds like you had a very busy week doing one thing the entire time. My goodness. Well I am glad you are done with two of the three costumes. Although I am kinda worried that life gets harder after the mission. The mission is hard enough. I am glad you had fun with Xane and his date. It sounded fun.

It is good over here. We have 3 baptisms this week we are preparing for and it is going to take a lot of work to get there. Our investigators are doing well. I can't believe I have been here for a month already but at the same time I can't believe it has only been a month. It has felt like forever since I got here. The weather is getting warmer which is nice but it will soon be really hot. I am going to burn so bad this summer if it is as bad as everyone says. Or I going to run out of sunscreen by december. Anyways, it is nice to have warm weather and not rain.

I had a crazy experience this week. Two actually. On monday I had the opportunity to eat two dinners, or it was my first time. I did ok until dessert at the second house. I ate two thirds of it and then went into the bathroom and threw up. They didn't make me eat the rest of dessert thank goodness but I hope they don't know that I threw up either. I don't know how I will survive with the islanders in Auckland. I will have to pray for hollow legs up there. I also had the chance to have raw oysters. It was disgusting. Very Very salty. I knew I didn't like seafood, but this just confirmed it 10 fold.

Anyways, I good over here and I hope you are all doing well over there.
Love You tons and miss you tons as well.
Love,
Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment