Monday, April 30, 2012

Eventful splits with Zone Leaders


Kia Ora Mother,

It sounds like you had a good week. Don't worry too much about Xane wanting to be by himself. He will come back to see yous soon. At least he can as where I couldn't without a long bike ride.

Anyways, my week was an interesting one. We had a tradeoff with the ZL's on Wednesday night to Friday morning. It was only supposed to go until Thursday night but an emergency happened so we were stuck together for an extra night. It was ok though. He is a pretty hilarious guy or elder excuse me.

We had a service project which was pretty crazy on trade off. We had to turn this overgrown garden into just plain dirt so that they could turn in back to grass. We broke two spades in the process, or shovels as we call them and our primary weapons of choice was then an ax and a rake. It was pretty ridiculus seeing us try to get some of the stuff out with those. There were bushes that were over 15 years old and the root reaked havoc all over the place. It was an adventure to say the least.

Then the rest of the week was alright. Trying to find our investigators that have gone missing. Two have disappeared and one we think is in the hospital with his partner having a baby. We were able to get up to the visitors center with one of our investigators for an elders quorum activity. It was pretty fun. We met a new sister from Italy who was pretty nice. There are two sisters that go home this week which is pretty crazy. Our investigators wife who is an active member was trying to set me up with them when I get home. Thank goodness it was not with them present. I kept trying to remind her that I have ages left and that they would probably be married by then. She was having none of it. I hope that you don't do the same before I even get home. I am proud of you so far.

Have a wonderful week mother and I love you heaps.
Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment