Monday, November 7, 2011

Daily Schedule


Kia Ora Mother,

Don't forget thanksgiving. That is in between Halloween and Christmas and it is what you should be worried about. I know you are busy and that is just another wonderful thing about my mother. Also, it sounds like a lot of things are changing back home since I have been gone. No more for sale signs on candy houses on no more pumpkin carving. It sounds like New Zealand. I didn't see a single carved pumpkin in saying that they don't have any orange pumpkins either. I do hope everything goes well however it goes.

The first thing I will tell I already told to dad but here it is again. We found out that the guy that can't give up smoking probably isn't accountable for that. We knew he had a mental illness but we didn't think it would be a problem. We think it is schizophrenia and the voices who he claims are angels are telling him it is alright to smoke and when to quit although he never does. Our mission president said that if any mental illness causes someone to not keep commitments, Heavenly Father will take care of it in the next life. So it will be with Jeff I guess.

We did find some new people this week that look semi promising. We will still contact Jeff but It doesn't look like much will happen in the near future.

To answer your question of the day, When I wake up at six thirty, I pray first and then start to exercise. That usually consists of push-ups, crunches, more push-ups, a rest, then in this flat we had a bench press so I try to do that too. I just got myself a jump rope which I also have begun to do.

Next, I make myself a smoothie while my companion is in the shower for breakfast. Then I take a shower. Studies then commence from 8 to 10. Personal study for an hour and then companionship study.

Then depending on the day, we leave the flat and go to work. We visit people till noon or 1 and then take an hour for lunch. Then we go back out and work until dinner which it totally depends on the day when that is. Anytime between 5 and 8 I guess. Then we are back to the flat by 9 or 9:30 if we are in a lesson or driving home.

Then we plan for the next day. We talk to the district leader about the day. I try to remember to write in my journal and then I play one game of solitaire or two if I lose the first one. Then I pray and off to bed.

Time is one of the weirdest things on a mission. Days truly feel like weeks and weeks truly feel like days. It is weird to think that transfers is in 10 days because it seems like time has slipped by and then it seems like a million things have happened and the last transfer was ages ago. I guess it is all about perspective which is what you were talking about.

There was a quote that I heard that goes along with what you said about death. "The only death that is premature, is the person that is not prepared to meet God." Elder Nelson. We must prepare now so that when we go, it is not premature.

I also came across another quote that has helped me to deal with the challenges of everyday life.
"Challenges don't determine who we are; Rather, our responses to those challenges determine who we become." Sep 2011 Ensign, Pg 64
We aren't looked at a certain way by God because of the challenges we face but instead He gives us the challenges that help us grow and then looks at how we choose to get through those trials and challenges.

I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior and am grateful for the challenges they give me even if I don't like them at the time. I look back and see how indeed they helped me grow instead of bringing me lower.

I love you mum and dad and am grateful for all you do for me. I am also grateful in advance for the things you sent with the Stanfords. I haven't received it yet but I am thankful all the same.

Arohanui,
Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment