Monday, June 6, 2011

Birthday Packages - Senior Companion

Talofalava Mother,

It looks like I beat you to the email but that is ok. I appreciate this one all the same. In answer to your question I love your emails just how they are. I like news, craziness, dreams, aspirations and spiritual experiences. Just keep being the mother that I love.

I heard that you sent my birthday package already. I am so excited but I will have to wait forever to open it. Algoods:) Thanks in advance for all the stuff you sent. I am quite as excited as Korin is.

Ok, now for my week. Yesterday was the hardest day that I have had yet on my mission as well as this weekend. I was made senior companion to my new companion Elder Allred and nothing has seemed to go right since that has happened. We had heaps of lessons to go to in which most fell through. My first day, thursday we didn't have any lessons at all. We have had an incredible amount of flat tyres these last few weeks and most of the investigators didn't come to church yesterday. One of the two that did had a pretty bad experience as well. I just don't know how senior companions handle it and it seems Satan is influencing the people more than ever.

How did you and dad, deal with the stress of unreliable members on your mission. I just want give up and do everything myself which is ridiculus and impossible but some members are driving me up the wall at the moment. There are some that are awesome and I can trust 120% but others just don't do what they say they are going to.

The last thing is that our district leader is still in Niue and so we have sort of a threesome at the moment at our flat. The flat is just not big enough for three people and that has increased our irritation as well.

I am sorry for venting my frustration. Enough of that. I included a picture of my new companion so it can be on the wall. I am just happy that last week is over and this week is a new one. We had one set for this week but he refused to come to church so I don't know if that will happen. We will just keep working and praying and doing our best to succeed. That is all the lord asks even though sometimes it seems too much.

I got a letter from Brynne saying that she has been going through some hard times being away from home, but how else will they learn. I guess heavenly father just wants me to learn so that I can be the best senior companion I can be. I just hope that happens sooner rather than later.

Thanks for all that you do and I love you and Dad heaps and heaps. I love our family more than I can ever say. Have a fantastic week and I will try to do the same.

Ofatu,
Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment