Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

Kia Ora Mother,

Happy Valentines Day!

Ok, now that is out of the way, it sounds like a great conference. It takes a lifetime to master the language of the Spirit with repentance and obedience all along the way. Great topic to speak on.

Ok, just clarifying to Dad, one of the points brought up in Branch Council about that leadership training was that they are raising the bar for leaders like they did for missionaries. Correct me if I am wrong. That goes along with what I have noticed lately in the recent Ensigns. The main focus is now on missionary work but it has been more towards members and leaders than actual missionaries. We as missionaries can only do so much but with the help of the members the work moves along in exponential comparison. I don't think all members know how much influence they can have on the world if they have the courage to open their mouths and share there beliefs.

I read an article this morning that was by an Apostle. I wish I had the article with me but oh well. Anyways, it was about removing ourselves from in front of the door and allowing lost sheep to enter into the fold. It focused a lot on how leaders should focus less on important members bearing testimony and giving prayers and focusing more on letting the less-active and recent converts do that. I have noticed that they are the ones that have powerful testimonies but are not given the chance to share it. It takes great faith to call those people to speak or to bear testimony but they learn by doing.There was a good quote about how those that are whole do not need medicine but those that are sick. It is a great article and I encourage you to read it if you haven't already.

This week was pretty slow on our end. We had several sets fall through and only three new investigators. We are doing our best not to get discouraged. Hopefully we have 2 set for this weekend that will go through. None yet so far in February have been baptized. We are doing the best we can and we will continue to do so. I heard you were going on your soccer trip. Where is it this year and have a great time.

I love you both tons and am thankful for all that you have done for me on my mission and before it.

Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment