Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sam's baptism

Kia Ora Sammie,

How is my now old 8 year old brother? I am so excited that you had a great experience. I can remember how it feels to be baptized and it is great. You know what is also great? Helping other people get baptized as well. You will get your chance in a few years. Keep up the good work and choose the right so you can keep the holy ghost forever.

Have a good week,
Love,
Elder Beckstead

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 5:02 AM, <krtxk@comcast.net> wrote:
Hi Trevie,

Yesterday I got baptized and Xane said the prayer wrong, so I had to do it a second time.  I got a 1976 silver dollar from Grandma and Grandpa Great and Nana gave me 4 two-dollar bills because it is "Great to be 8." (G2B8)  A lot of my cousins came over for my baptism.

I got baptized because Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ wanted me to.  I felt something come into me when I was in the water.  It felt like happiness and made me happy. When I was confirmed I felt warm inside and really happy.  The best part about being baptized was receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost because the Holy Ghost can guide me so I can do better things.

I got new scriptures with my name on it, and a small hymn book to keep with my scriptures, a new scripture bag, a new brown suit from grama b, and some candy and a ctr/football pin and a book from the Ortegas.  They were my primary teachers last year.  My teacher this year Sister Measom came to my baptism too.

It was cool having Xane baptize me because he's my older brother.  I really liked having Dad confirm me.  I didn't think the hands were very heavy on my head.  Dad was there, Grandpa, Greg Belliston, Brother Smith, cousin Brady, Uncle Jeff, Uncle Brad, cousin Taylor, President Draper, and Brother Ortega.

I hope you are baptizing lots of people too.
love,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment