Sunday, September 12, 2010

MTC is awesome

1st letter home (Sept 3, 2010):

"The MTC is awesome! I love the atmosphere here and the spirit is so strong. I can't write again until P-day, which is Wednesday, but I still enjoy getting mail (hint, hint) ... I slept pretty well the first night. I got up at 6:20am and we had class at 7am. The rest of the day went smooth, but it was incredibly long. It felt like a whole day had passed and it was only 9:30 am. We learned about what the investigators and us as missionaries need to feel in order to be taught or teach effectively. The food is great here. There is a rumor to not drink the orange juice. It is true, it messes with your system.
Today we started learning about the Plan of Salvation and how to teach it. We had the opportunity to teach our companion today. Well, it was more of getting to know our investigator, not teaching doctrine. It is really hard to convey to someone that you care without knowing them at all, but the struggle just makes you want them to have the gospel even more. Later during companion study, we were able to teach someone in our district who pretended to be an investigator. Having a companion is definitely beneficial, and I'm glad I have one. His name is Elder Devey from South Jordan. He is awesome! Our district has grown really close even though we have been together less than a week. I'm glad I get to spend three weeks with these awesome elders.
Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment