Monday, July 2, 2012

Visit from Alex & Package Sent Home


Kia Ora Mother,

It sounds like a fun week back home. I am glad that Alex was able to catch all of yous home. He was very nice to me here in New Zealand and I am grateful for that. Don't worry too much about the birthday package. It will be great. Also, I enjoy getting spoiled but I think I had my turn. You can spoil my kids instead.

This week was an interesting one for us. We started the week sick. Both me and my companion went to the doctors on Tuesday. Then we had a tradeoff with the zone leaders. We were kinda out of it but it turned out to be successful. Then we continued to try and find people the rest of the week. Saturday we had a fun activity. It was an olympic kai night, or olympic food night. There were six countries involved. Cook Island which we were apart of. Chile, Iceland, France, Netherlands, and Russia.

Me and my companion had to wear lava lavas and leis and we sang the Cook Island national anthem. That was interesting. The other groups did theirs as well. Then all of the groups did a dance or presentation from their country. We didn't get involved in that. The best one was the Russian group. It was comprised of all Tongans. There were two families and they did a great job. We had a great night. Oh and then everyone made food from their countries.

It was a pretty good week although we still are having troubles finding people to teach. We have concluded that we will have to tract everywhere. It is not an exciting prospect. Oh well. I guess it is only for another 2 months. I can do anything for two months.

To answer the question. I fasted for people to teach. and also patience so I wont explode at my companion or my leaders. It is proving difficult at the moment. People just do some really dumb things. Oh well. I guess I do as well.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week. and keep in mind something that has helped me this week. No effort is wasted. It feels like sometimes we do things that are a waste of time when we are trying our best to serve the lord. It never is. Someone is always watching and listening even if they do not know it themselves at the time.

Love you heaps.
Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment