Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Cheer

Kia Ora Mother,

First off, Yes I did get the suggestions on the Atonement Talk and I will take them and put them in immediately. Secondly, I haven't finished my plan one yet so next week hopefully.

We have been invited to 3 places already and one of them is 118 Km away one way. We won't be getting to all three that is for sure. We are still deciding on where to go. However, I will call on christmas day for yous so on the monday for me.

Ok, With too many emails today I am very short on time as usual. So, I will tell you of one day this week that was unusual. We started off with weekly planning and as we were finished with that we got a call from this guy who had been kicked out of his house and had to get moved out by 3 pm. We had to run around like chickens with our heads cut off finding a trailer and a place to put his stuff for a few days. Then we went to a different service project painting some doors and a chimney. A miracle there was the mum of one of the investigators showed up. We gave her the form to sign and she will talk to layla and hopefully sign it.

Then, we had an hour left and we found 3 choice new investigators. It was great and busy and stressful, but good.

Ok, I will tell you two things I have learned from my companions so far. The first is good the second is not. Ok, the good thing I have learned or I guess been reemphasized is that when I get annoyed or something, I am very quick to forgive and get over it. I have told my companions to just wait a bit and then I will be over it.

The second thing I have learned is that the longer I have been on my mission, the more impatient I have gotten with my companions. Why is that? I have no idea. It should be going the other way. If I didn't have that first attribute I would have been in real trouble.

Anyways, i did receive the package and all the presents are still safely wrapped for christmas. Thanks for all of the goodies and I can't wait to see what else I got.

I hope everything goes well this week and after this week you can assign the kids to clean up the house. Our favorite :)

Love you heaps mother!
Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment