Monday, October 17, 2011

Baptisms & Confirmations


Kia Ora Mother,

It sounds like you had an interesting week. I am glad Korin is feeling better and I hope she stays away from whatever she is allergic to.

That is really weird that I am the next one home from the ward. That is ages away. Anyways, things are pushing along at the moment.

We had a baptism for John this past weekend and that went really well. I got to baptize him and another girl that was getting baptized as well. She had an incredibly long name. Then I got to confirm both of them as well. Jackson finally got confirmed and another boy got baptized and confirmed as well. It was a good weekend for Pukekohe ward. I think the ward is going to be split soon because we had one of the stake presidency speak yesterday all about accepting callings. I trying to figure out if it is a hint or not.

Things are pushing forward but we need lots more people to teach. Our teaching pool is almost dry at the moment.

We also, had a fireside yesterday which was great. We had 11 people with us including the bishop and another active member, 2 investigators, 4 recent converts, 2 less-active returning members and one 7 year old. It was really good.

Also, before I forget. Bishop and his wife are coming to utah next week and staying for two weeks. I sent a package for yous with them and I gave them your phone numbers. Expect a call after next tuesday I think they fly in. They are staying in provo somewhere but I hope they get in touch.

I hope all is well and I love you all heaps,
Arohanui,
Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment