Sunday, August 12, 2012

Tough Times - from July 29th


Kia Ora Mother,

Wow, I thought you were going to have a break after being released as VP from soccer. Apparently not. Good luck with the driving and such.

This week for us was just a normal week. Well almost anyways. Transfers came and went and we saw no change for us. We are so far away that the changes that happened have not reached us yet. District Leader stayed the same but one zone leader changed. A few district members also changed but we haven't met them yet. We are just putting along out here.

This past week was abnormal though because we are running short on K's for our car. We were stuck in Thames which is pretty useless when it comes to missionary work. Everyone is on drugs or has had brain damage by them. Everyone we have tracted have said no. I don't even know why we stay here. We should live in one of the towns closer to the chapel. But trying not to complain. Also, our flat has heaps of mold which we had to clean today.

We did have a harvest on Sunday in the branch. That was a good thing. The bad thing was that me and my companion we still together and it was just like church ended an hour early. We haven't heard of any results that came from it either. At least the branch is trying to do things like that.

Apparently, we have zone meeting this week with our zone. I reckon it is completely pointless for us to go because it uses up so many of our k's. It is a new month but still, they tell us to budget and then the make us use them all at the beginning. My priorities must be all mixed up because I just cannot see how it how they do.

Well, I am sorry about complaining so much. We are just trying to get used to the fact that we are going to have to tract this whole transfer which is not what I want to do.

I hope that you recorded the opening ceremonies for the olympics so I can watch it. We had to go fix this old ladies tv and the only part I got to see was the part with mr. bean. That was pretty funny. I hope yous enjoyed it.

have a wonderful week and I will do my best to do so as well.

Love yous heaps,
Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment