Monday, June 18, 2012

Transfer to Thames


Kia Ora Mother and Dad,

I am sorry about the New Zealand lingo (Mackers & suss). I am just so used to it. Ok, so I didn't email Sis Burgener, Sis Milham did. I just told her I was leaving and she did the rest. So I guess you can say that I influenced it but I didn't send it.

So, some details about my new area. There is a branch in Coromandel and in Paeroa. I am staying in Thames which is about 30 min from Paeroa and an hour from Coromandel. The main town that we cover include Thames, Paeroa, Waihi, Whangamata, Whitianga, Tairua, and Coromandel. They range from 30 minutes to 2 hours away. All of this is about an hour and a half from Hamilton which means we don't go to district meeting. It is just me and my companion, a lot of driving and 6 weeks minimum together, but probably 12.

My companion is from Ventura California, well that is where he left from anyways. He is 21 yrs old and talks heaps. He is a pretty good missionary as far as I have been able to judge. There is not much to do up here, so I will know once we actually teach a real lesson. This isn't a great picture but I will try and get a better one next week.

I hope that all is well back home and tell dad and grandpa happy fathers day. I don't know when it is since it is in Sept here. Algoods. Love yous heaps and thanks for all that you do. Have a wonderful week.

Arohanui,
Elder Beckstead

No comments:

Post a Comment